Wednesday 31 October 2012

Urban Pup: Mock Advertisement illustrations

This is a follow-up from my last post about my personal, pretend "UrbanPup.com" advertisement illustrations. The reason for choosing such a modern, fresh brand was so I could set myself the challenge of creating something a bit more contemporary and bold than my usual style. With these I aimed to step out of my comfort zone a little and I really aimed to be more bold, brash and strong with the brush strokes and colour.


 
I experimented with creating mock advertisements such as the full-page ones seen in magazines. The "bold" brush strokes are a subtle nod to very urgently done graffiti tags, showing how creative you can get when you personalise your own pet hoody/t-shirt/accessory. I also included some real paw-prints which I scanned in and layered onto my paintings digitally.

(I used a different/new kind of paper for these, which has appeared to make the paint appear more smooth in some areas - something I am not happy with, as fur NEEDS texture!! However it has given me more to think about for future paintings)

These are still a bit of a work in progress, but this is what I have so far. 






Comments/opinions/feedback are very much welcome! I would love to hear your thoughts.

All images are (C) Amy Holliday and are not to be used without permission.

1 comment: