Wednesday 12 October 2011

Fairytale Initial Letter Illustrations

Here are the final designs from the story-book style "initial letters" I have recently completed, as part of my first formal commission. Even though most rough designs I did had full colour, in the end, the decision was made for the finals to be in monochrome.
I have put together pages of some of my rough workings before each of the final illustrations so you can see how I progress. The letters will illustrate the capital letters of three short fairytale stories within a design that is to decorate a set of mugs.   


The Princess and the Pea: "O"   




Sleeping Beauty: "I"  
(You can see some more of the concepts and rough sketches for this one here)




   
The Ugly Duckling: "S"

 


The three of them together and scaled down:




All images are © Amy Holliday 2011, all rights reserved.
Please do not use or redistribute these images without asking me first!

www.amyholliday.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. hello! i was wondering if I could use your I in my blog/website i'm creating :) the page i'm needing the I for is my dream blog page and it has a fairytale day dream feel that your beautiful artwork is perfect for! it would be used very small but would def add something...

    ReplyDelete