Saturday 14 May 2011

Horticulture

For my final project of the semester, and my final university project ever(!) I was asked to create a "man-made" font, due to the fact my tutors wanted to see me illustrate something that was not of the natural world for a change haha.

I ultimately decided to base my new typeface on the very interesting, old, rustic-looking gardening tools my parents have in thier garden shed.....I scanned most of my pencil drawings before I began to add colour to them: (click to enlarge)















After producing studies, I began to shape the tools into letterforms in order to make up a word to present my font:



Final piece: (click to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. Amy, your art work continues to be absolutely amazing, creative and beautiful. Congratulations on finishing up at the university. Now, I assume, you will be out in the big, wide world making lots of money illustrating and adding beauty to all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KayOh thank you so much for your support! I really hope so! It is very daunting and I'm very nervous about being "out in the big, wide world" but I will remain positive and hope things go to plan! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work. You'll be a big success; just keep truckin'. :)

    ReplyDelete